Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis are painful and debilitating diseases. We're here to change that.
The cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis lies in science and technology. That’s why the primary focus of the National Psoriasis Foundation is to increase and support research to end these devastating diseases.
Just one organization is qualified to serve as the catalyst for psoriatic disease research that will change lives now and forever, and that’s the National Psoriasis Foundation. We are connecting and collaborating with scientists, doctors, government agencies, other patient advocacy organizations, industry, and our community to accelerate the rate of scientific discovery.
The National Psoriasis Foundation has a five-point action plan to find better treatments and a cure:
- Fund the start-up of promising new and innovative studies through our Discovery and Translational Grants.
- Increase the number of scientists doing psoriatic disease research through our Medical Research Fellowship program.
- Provide scientists with DNA samples through the National Psoriasis Victor Henschel BioBank, aiding their search for specific genes that cause psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Work with federal policymakers to increase government investment in psoriatic disease research.
- Promote patient involvement in research studies and clinical trials, vital to bringing safe and effective treatments to market.
The engine behind this plan is the tens of thousands of people who stand with us to end the brutality of these diseases—for themselves, their children and their loved ones. Together, we will stop psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.