Seal of Recognition Criteria
Products eligible for the National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition are those that have been created or intended for use by people with psoriatic disease or other sensitive skin conditions that satisfy the Seal of Recognition criteria. The Seal of Recognition program is open to the following product categories: personal care products, household products, fabrics and devices.
To earn the National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition, a manufacturer of a product that could aid in managing psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis must:
- Provide scientific data showing that the product(s) aids in the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. This may include hydrating the skin, reducing redness, managing psoriasis scales, reducing joint pain and aiding people who live with arthritis, among other symptoms;
- Affirm the product is nonprescription;
- Prove that the product is non-irritating and contains no chemicals known to cause psoriasis irritation;
- Confirm the product can be used as an adjunct therapy along with prescription products;
- Validate that the product does not harm the patient;
- Be commonly known to aid in the management of psoriatic diseases.
A National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition panel of medical professionals will review all products submitted. The panel will review the testing data on safety, toxicity and ingredient lists as well as formulation data. The Seal review panel will exercise independent judgment in all of its decision-making related to product review.
For more information about the benefit to manufacturers, visit the benefits to manufacturers section.
For more information about the benefit to consumers, visit the benefits to consumers section.
Learn more about the Conflict of Interest policy and the application process for this program.