Graphic Design Manager
The Graphic Design Manager is accountable for producing and managing printed materials, web design, e-communications and visual presentations of National Psoriasis Foundation.
- Design for web, print and email communications.
- Ensure the Psoriasis Foundation's brand is consistently and appropriately conveyed in all products (print, digital/online and e-communications).
- Oversee the development and production of all creative marketing assets.
- Identify and coordinate resources to complete projects including freelancers, vendors, printing bids and providing project cost estimates.
- Art direction and development of Psoriasis Foundation web projects including: CMS template/page design, CSS development and maintenance, online touts and advertisements, layout of content and special graphic elements and strategies to improve site usability.
- Stay current with trends in graphic design, web technologies, equipment, software, industry standards and best practices.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign; experience with Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
- Intermediate HTML skills required as well as familiarity with CSS, CMS and online databases.
- Experience managing creative teams and freelancers, coordinating with service bureaus and outside vendors.
- Solid project management and organizational skills including the ability to coordinate traffic for multiple projects in various media with competing deadlines.
- Experience with print design production including preparing artwork and layout, knowledge of technical print requirements, preparing files for printers and completing press checks.
- Experience working in web design including mobile and email.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably with a concentration in graphic design and/or web design, and 3 to 5 years' experience as a graphic or web designer.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading.
- Capable of identifying current design (web and print) and technology trends, and proactively implementing strategies to meet changes in industry standards.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- PC platform.