Applying for and being approved for disability benefits (SSDI) from the Social Security Administration (SSA) can be a time-consuming and challenging process. NPF offers the following resources to help you prepare your case.
Learn more about Social Security disability benefits and eligibility requirements
Note: This information is intended for people applying for disability benefits in the United States. Information may not be applicable to people in other countries.
- Description of Social Security disability benefits and how to apply.
- Disability planner: Explains Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income program benefits, who can receive benefits and how to qualify.
- Social Security Blue Book: A listing of impairments for adults.
- Find a local Social Security field office
If legal assistance is needed, resources to help find a lawyer or disability representative in your area include:
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- LawHelp.org lists free legal aid programs in local communities for those with low to moderate income
Request a Disability Information Packet
To request an information packet on applying for disability, please fill out the form below. The packet offers a step-by-step application guide, helpful tips, the SSA's starter kit as well as psoriatic disease materials to include in your application.
(An NPF Patient Navigator will respond to your request within approximately 3 business days.)