Eight Products Awarded National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition
Portland, Ore. (January 14, 2019)—The National Psoriasis Foundation, NPF, announces that eight new products have received the NPF Seal of Recognition. The NPF Seal of Recognition recognizes over-the-counter and other products that have been created or are intended to be non-irritating and safe for people with psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and/or individuals living with severe sensitive skin or joint mobility limitations.
NPF awards the seal of recognition across five different categories, including personal care products, household products, fabrics, mobility products, and supplements. Six products receiving the seal fall into the personal care products category, and two products are in the household product category. The latest products to receive the NPF Seal of Recognition include:
Personal Care Product Category:
- Atoderm Cleansing Oil An ultra-nourishing and anti-irritating cleansing oil for very dry to atopic skin. Atoderm Cleansing Oil soothes and protects against external aggressions causing dry skin thanks to its exclusive formula composed of plant-based biolipids, vitamin PP and the Skin Barrier TherapyⓇ patent.
- Atoderm Cream With restructuring and nourishing ingredients such as vaseline and glycerin, Atoderm Cream softens and deeply moisturizes, from its very first application. Acting as an armor of moisture, it traps water in the upper layers of the skin, working for 24 hours.
- Atoderm Intensive Balm A repairing treatment that protects dry, very dry and atopic skin from itchiness. Atoderm Intensive Balm patented Skin Barrier Therapy™ formula acts as a filter to protect the skin and to help stop bacteria and allergens which aggravate dryness from adhering to it, from penetrating it and from multiplying.
- Curél® Hydra Therapy Itch Defense Curél Hydra Therapy Itch Defense Wet Skin Moisturizer, with Advanced Ceramide Complex, restores skin's ceramide levels to help retain moisture and prevent symptoms of dry and extra-dry skin from returning.
- Restoral Skin Restoration Lotion A revolutionary formula that combats psoriasis by harnessing the healing capabilities of natural compounds that are scientifically proven to aid in the relief of psoriasis symptoms and prevention of flare-ups.
- DermaZor Psoriasis Medical Skin Treatment DermaZor® is an all-in-one formula for the treatment of psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis. Dermatologically tested, DermaZor’s® patented, natural formula has proven efficacy in the treatment of skin disorders.
Household Product Category:
- Tide Free and Gentle Liquid Laundry Detergent Tide Free & Gentle is a powerful hypoallergenic laundry detergent that is free of dyes and perfumes.
- Tide PODS® Free and Gentle Laundry Detergent Each individual pac of Tide PODS® Free & Gentle HE Turbo laundry detergent fights stains and is specially designed free of dyes and perfumes.
These products join 21 products that currently have the NPF Seal of Recognition, including: CeraVe® Psoriasis Cleanser, CeraVe® Psoriasis Moisturizing Cream, Curél® Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer, DermaER FORMULA 1 Psoriasis Therapeutic Medicated Cream, Dermarest® Psoriasis Medicated Treatment Gel, Dermarest® Psoriasis Medicated Shampoo Plus Conditioner, Dermarest® Psoriasis Medicated Moisturizer, Dove DermaSeries Expert Repairing Balm, Gold Bond Multi-Symptom Psoriasis Relief Cream, MG217® Medicated Conditioning Coal Tar Shampoo, MG217® Medicated Multi-Symptom Coal Tar Ointment, MG217® Sal-Acid Multi-Symptom Moisturizing Cream, MG217® Non-Drying Multi-Symptom Coal Tar Gel, MG217® Therapeutic Coal Tar Scalp Treatment, MG217® Therapeutic Sal Acid Shampoo + Conditioner, MG217® Therapeutic Conditioning Dead Sea Bar Soap, Neutrogena T/Sal® Therapeutic Shampoo, Neutrogena T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo – Extra Strength, Neutrogena T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo – Original Formula, Neutrogena T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo – Stubborn Itch, and Neutrogena T/Gel® Therapeutic Conditioner.
Manufacturers interested in submitting their products for the NPF Seal of Recognition must go through an application, review and approval process, which includes submitting independently tested scientific data demonstrating the product does not irritate skin burdened with psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, severe sensitive skin or joint mobility limitations. The product is then independently reviewed by a panel of dermatology and rheumatology experts and people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Products that pass this review receive the Seal of Recognition. To learn more about the submission process, visit https://www.psoriasis.org/seal/review-process.
About the National Psoriasis Foundation
Serving its community through more than 50 years of patient support, advocacy, research funding, and education, the National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF) is the world’s leading nonprofit fighting for individuals with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. The NPF mission is to drive efforts to cure psoriatic disease and dramatically improve the lives of more than 8 million Americans affected by this chronic immune-mediated disease. As part of that effort, NPF created its Patient Navigation Center to offer personalized assistance to everyone with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis. To date, NPF has funded more than $21 million in research grants and fellowships that help drive discoveries that may lead to more and better treatments and ultimately a cure. Learn more at www.psoriasis.org.