Expand your knowledge and improve your control over psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis with our educational booklets and fact sheets. Educational booklets and fact sheets from the National Psoriasis Foundation provide the essential information on managing psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
You can read these booklets online or download them for later reading. To request printed copies of any of these booklets, e-mail [email protected] or call 800.723.9166.
Health care providers: Order printed copies of our booklets for your practice here.
About psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- About Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis: A booklet that provides general information about psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis (Updated August 2017). [PDF]
- Spanish About Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis: Acerca de Psoriasis y Artritis Psoriásica (Updated August 2017). [PDF]
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Overview of this joint disease which develops in approximately 10 percent to 30 percent of people with psoriasis, including details on diagnosis and treatments (Updated August 2017). [PDF]
- Spanish Psoriatic Arthritis: Acerca de la Artritis Psoriásica (Updated August 2017). [PDF]
Treating psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Systemic Treatments: Biologics and Oral Treatments: Overview of systemic treatments including biologics (Updated October 2018). [PDF]
- Phototherapy: Light Treatment for Psoriasis: Overview of light treatment in a doctor's office or at home. Includes broad-band and narrow-band UVB, PUVA and lasers (Updated July 2018). [PDF]
- Topical Treatments for Psoriasis Including Steroids: Overview of prescription topical treatments, including Dovonex, Tazorac, anthralin and tar, steroids, and combinations of treatments (Updated June 2018). [PDF]
- Preparing for Your Appointments: Information about comorbidities and specialists, goal setting for treatments and helpful checklists to prepare for appointments (Updated March 2018). [PDF]
- Working With Your Primary Care Provider: Information about the role of a PCP in overall health management, comorbidities screening and referrals to specialists (Updated March 2018). [PDF]
Family and youth
- Parent Guide: Help parents or caregivers understand and cope with their child's disease (Updated 2018). [PDF]
- Care Partners - A Guide for Friends and Family: This booklet is designed to help you understand what it's like to have psoriatic disease and how best to support your loved one in living a full and healthy life. It also includes tips to help you cope with the stresses and challenges that come with being a care partner. (Updated Nov. 2018) [PDF]
- The Adventures of G. Wow: Illustrated adventure for ages 9 to 12. [PDF]
- Kids' Cards: Print this document double-sided and cut into colorful, kid-friendly cards that your child can hand out to classmates to teach them about psoriasis. [PDF]
- Caregiver Handout: Information about living with psoriasis tailored for the adults in your child's life. Print one for their teacher, day-care provider, and coach. [PDF]
- School action packet: A compilation of materials specifically designed to assist an adult make a presentation in an elementary school classroom. It includes an introductory letter for school administrators, a power point presentation, as well as stickers for the students and letters to be sent home to parents. To request a copy of our School action packet, please email [email protected].