Seal of Recognition
The National Psoriasis Foundation’s Seal of Recognition highlights over-the-counter products that help alleviate and relieve the symptoms associated with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and can help make the lives of those with psoriatic disease easier. Products recognized by NPF are those that have been created or are intended for use by individuals with:
- psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- severe sensitive skin
- Joint mobility limitations
Product categories include:
- Personal Care: These products are proven to be safe and effective in managing psoriasis symptoms or severe dry and sensitive skin
- Household Items: These products are proven to be safe and gentle for sensitive skin which may help in alleviating skin irritation and psoriasis symptoms
- Fabrics: These products are proven to be safe and gentle for sensitive skin which may help in alleviating skin irritation and psoriasis symptoms as well as products that are proven to help ease discomfort for psoriatic arthritis symptoms or joint mobility limitations.
- Mobility: These products are proven to ease discomfort and help make every day activities easier for those experiencing psoriatic arthritis symptoms and join mobility limitations.
- Supplements: These products may help aid in living a healthy lifestyle with psoriatic disease in relieving and easing symptoms associated with psoriasis and/or psoriatic arthritis. *Supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease, including psoriatic disease. Be sure to speak to your provider before taking supplements.
How products earn the Seal of Recognition
Review begins with the manufacturer, who submits their product to NPF for evaluation. Each category has a standard set of criteria. The manufacturer must provide evidence that shows their product sufficiently and safely aids in the management of symptoms for individuals living with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis or living with severe sensitive skin or joint mobility limitations. The product is then independently reviewed by a panel of dermatology and rheumatology medical experts and people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Products that pass this review receive the Seal of Recognition.
The National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition does not guarantee that individuals will not experience adverse reactions after using a labeled product. All individuals with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis should consult with a provider to confirm that using any over-the-counter product will not interfere with other prescribed medications or therapy. Under no circumstances should the National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition be considered a replacement for advice from their health care professional.
For more information and to apply, email Christy Lents, Corporate Relations Manager, at [email protected]