Product categories include:
- Personal Care: These products that have been created or are intended to be non-irritating and safe for people with psoriasis psoriatic arthritis and/or individuals living with severe sensitive skin or joint mobility limitations.
- Household Items: Products that have been created or are intended to be non-irritating and safe for people with psoriasis psoriatic arthritis and , or individuals living with severe sensitive skin or joint mobility limitations.
- Fabrics: Products that have been created or are intended to be non-irritating and safe for people with psoriasis psoriatic arthritis and , or individuals living with severe sensitive skin or joint mobility limitations; These products are proven to be safe and gentle for sensitive skin which may help in alleviating skin irritation and psoriasis symptoms as well as products that are proven to help ease discomfort for psoriatic arthritis symptoms or joint mobility limitations.
- Mobility: These products are proven to ease discomfort and help make every day activities easier for those experiencing psoriatic arthritis symptoms and join mobility limitations.
The manufacturer must submit testing results and samples that:
- Provide scientific data showing that its product sufficiently and safely aids in the management of psoriatic disease, which may include hydrating the skin, reducing redness or itch, and managing plaques, managing joint pain, among other symptoms;
- Provide information that the product is non-irritating and contains no chemicals known to cause psoriasis irritation;
- Provide test results that the product does no harm to the those with psoriatic disease;
- Provide confirmation that the product can be used as an adjunct therapy along with prescription products for those with psoriatic disease.
Manufacturers interested in submitting their products for the NPF Seal of Recognition must go through an application, evaluation and approval process, which includes submitting independently tested scientific data demonstrating the product does not irritate skin and or joints burdened with psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, severe sensitive skin or joint mobility limitations. The product is then independently reviewed by a panel of dermatology and rheumatology experts and people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Products that pass this review receive the Seal of Recognition.
Manufacturers interested in applying for the Seal of Recognition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition does not guarantee that individuals will not experience adverse reactions after using a labeled product. All individuals with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis should consult with a provider to confirm that using any over-the-counter product will not interfere with other prescribed medications or therapy. Under no circumstances should the National Psoriasis Foundation Seal of Recognition be considered a replacement for advice from their health care professional.