NPF is proud to offer free access to the most recently updated edition of The Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis Pocket Guide: Treatment Algorithms and Management Options. This guide is authored by an expert panel of medical professionals and aimed at helping health care providers treat patients with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
The Pocket Guide for Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
The eighth edition of the pocket guide includes expanded information related to psoriatic arthritis and up-to-date guidance for managing patients living with psoriatic disease.
The significant progress made in psoriatic disease research since the launch of the National Psoriasis Foundation in 1967 has expanded our knowledge base and led to the development of life-changing treatment options, including:
- Oral Treatments
Even with all the information available today, providers may still have questions. For example:
- Are patients with chronic plaque psoriasis candidates for UVB phototherapy?
- Are all systemic treatments also biologics?
- What are the side effects of adalimumab?
Answers to these questions and more are easily accessible in The Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis Pocket Guide: Treatment Algorithms and Management Options.
After studying this handbook, physicians should be able to:
- Define the severity of psoriasis and develop an appropriate therapy plan.
- Explain the profound emotional, social, and physical impact psoriatic disease has on the patient.
- Understand the important comorbidities associated with psoriasis.
- Differentiate psoriasis from other diseases after evaluating patients who present with similar types of skin lesions.
- Diagnose patients who have moderate disease (3% to 10% body involvement) and severe disease (>10% body involvement).
Updated December 2023 by the National Psoriasis Foundation.