It started simply enough. Research related to psoriatic disease was limited, so treatments beyond home remedies were practically non-existent. Now, thanks to National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF) donors, volunteers and staff partnering to fund critical research, and thanks to researchers, clinicians and people with psoriatic disease, there are a number of effective treatments for our community.
But none of the progress made in the last 52 years would have been possible without our donors. Here’s a brief look at some of the advances we have achieved because of donors like you.
Leading the Charge for the Improved Treatment of Psoriatic Disease
- Funding critical research for advances in the knowledge and care for psoriatic disease, and bringing top researchers and clinicians to the field through this support.
- Partnering with the American Academy of Dermatology and the American College of Rheumatology, we have created and updated treatment guidelines that directly improve the quality of the treatment and care patients receive.
- Through NPF funding, researchers and scientist are working toward a PsA diagnostic test, because early, reliable diagnosis is essential to staving off potentially permanent joint/ligament damage.
- We are funding multi-institution, multi-disciplinary, team-based research with the goal of preventing psoriatic disease, relapses or the development of comorbidities before they start.
Providing Essential Support and Education
- Since 2016, our Patient Navigation Center has helped almost 38,000 people around the world get the care they need by helping them navigate insurance issues, answering questions and connecting them with the resources they need to thrive.
- We are an accredited provider of Continuing Medical Education offerings for health care providers across the country, because arming providers with the latest information, tools, and treatment approaches is the only way to ensure people like you are getting the care you need.