These are our goals:
I. Lead collaborative, transformational research in psoriatic disease.
- Generate research resulting in higher numbers of patients in remission and identify tools to extend remission periods.
- Fund a diagnostic test for psoriatic arthritis (PsA) that has broad clinical utility, with the test having been developed, tested and approved for use.
- Identify a reliable, predictive model for onset of psoriatic diseases, the potential relationship to comorbid conditions and the best treatment practices for cure.
- Establish a multi‐institution, multi‐disciplinary, team‐based, virtual cluster whose stated aim is to identify an intervention that will prevent the onset of psoriatic disease.
II. Increase the lifespan and health of individuals living with psoriatic disease.
- By Nov. 30, 2020, develop and disseminate a report on the health expectancy and lifespan prognosis for individuals living with psoriatic disease.
- Improve physician awareness and education on the optimal care of individuals living with psoriatic disease.
- Significantly raise the awareness of psoriatic disease and its related comorbidities among all affected and activate individuals living with psoriatic disease to better manage their psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Reduce the proportion of individuals diagnosed with psoriatic disease who report difficulties obtaining medical care and treatment due to access barriers.
III. Secure the human, technological, and financial resources necessary to achieve the NPF’s mission-related goals.
- By June 1, 2019, develop and by July 1, 2019, implement a comprehensive revenue generation plan that focuses on maximizing the engagement of individuals, non-traditional and currently unrealized revenue streams and corporate entities who are outside the current NPF constituency. The plan must include a revised organizational structure, with staffing to achieve the revenue goals.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of existing volunteer and staff structures, resources, governance and their ability to ramp to the organizational outputs needed to achieve the mission related goals. Identify existing gaps that will need to be filled.
- Obtain a professional assessment of alternative business models by Dec. 31, 2020.
- By Dec. 31, 2021, determine the appropriate course of action and to establish an action plan for implementation.
Every five years, our strategic plan evolves and reaches ever higher, but our vision remains the same: a life free of psoriatic disease and its burdens. We’re committed, as we were at this organization’s birth, to finding a cure for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. With your support, we know we’ll succeed.