COVID-19September 03, 2021
NPF Town Hall - COVID-19 Update
Am I eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine booster? Should I get one, and when is the right time?
Just as you thought life may return to normal, the continuation of the COVID-19 pandemic has left you with plenty of questions. Hear from our experts, Joel M. Gelfand, M.D., NPF COVID-19 Task Force Co-Chair and Professor of Dermatology and of Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine and NPF Chief Scientific and Medical Officer Stacie Bell, Ph.D., as they address the questions you have about virus variants, vaccines and vaccine boosters, specifically, for those with psoriatic disease:
- When am I fully vaccinated?
- Am I immunocompromised?
- Is my treatment immunosuppressive or immune-modulating?
- Is my psoriatic disease treatment impacting the vaccine effectiveness?
- Will a booster protect me against the Delta variant?
- Does the vaccine make my psoriasis flare? Or does it help?
- What can I do about these post-vaccine flares?
- What do I need to know about FDA approval of the COVID-19 vaccines?
More Resources on COVID-19
Visit our COVID-19 resource center to keep up to date with the latest guidance statements, vaccine info and stories for those living with psoriatic disease.