Federal protections against discrimination
Although the National Psoriasis Foundation does not provide legal advice, we have put together basic information about the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). These two pages can point you in the direction of powerful information that will help with most employment related issues.
- U.S. Department of Labor: Family and Medical Leave Act
- U.S. Department of Justice: Americans with Disabilities Act
- U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy—What to do if you think you have been discriminated against.
- US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)—This Web site can provide you with additional information on discrimination due to a disability and how to file a discrimination charge.
- Summary of state employment discrimination laws