Tool kit for Medicaid advocacy
You may wish to reference or provide the following resources in communications with Medicaid representatives.
Information and resources on treatment protocols and standards of care
- American Academy of Dermatology Guidelines of Care for the Treatment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis—provide to policy makers electronically or hard-copy.
- National Psoriasis Foundation Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis Pocket Guide (PDF)—NPF will provide booklets to the Medicaid program on request.
- Detailed list of Issues and Barriers (PDF), which was provided to all 50 State Medicaid Directors
- Handout (PDF) summarizing the range of treatments currently available for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
Resources highlighting the connection to other chronic and life-threatening health conditions that also frequently occur in the Medicaid population and are of great fiscal concern to policymakers
- National Psoriasis Foundation Issue Brief on Comorbid Conditions
- National Psoriasis Foundation Issue Brief on Mental Health
- National Psoriasis Foundation 2009 Report on the Psycho-Social Impacts of Psoriasis
Visual aids and patient stories to present the full picture of living with psoriatic disease for those who may be unfamiliar with the devastating effects:
- Photos of psoriasis (PDF)
- Create a slideshow, or contact us for a copy of Dr. Callis Duffin's presentation
Visit the Medicaid Advocacy Guide »