It started simply enough. Research related to psoriatic disease was limited, so treatments beyond home remedies were practically non-existent. Now, thanks to National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF) donors, volunteers and staff partnering to fund critical research, and thanks to researchers, clinicians and people with psoriatic disease, there are a number of effective treatments for our community.
But none of the progress made in the last 52 years would have been possible without our donors. Here’s a brief look at some of the advances we have achieved because of donors like you.
Leading the Charge for the Improved Treatment of Psoriatic Disease
- Funding critical research for advances in the knowledge and care for psoriatic disease, and bringing top researchers and clinicians to the field through this support.
- Partnering with the American Academy of Dermatology and the American College of Rheumatology, we have created and updated treatment guidelines that directly improve the quality of the treatment and care patients receive.
- Through NPF funding, researchers and scientist are working toward a PsA diagnostic test, because early, reliable diagnosis is essential to staving off potentially permanent joint/ligament damage.
- We are funding multi-institution, multi-disciplinary, team-based research with the goal of preventing psoriatic disease, relapses or the development of comorbidities before they start.
Providing Essential Support and Education
- Since 2016, our Patient Navigation Center has helped almost 38,000 people around the world get the care they need by helping them navigate insurance issues, answering questions and connecting them with the resources they need to thrive.
- We are an accredited provider of Continuing Medical Education offerings for health care providers across the country, because arming providers with the latest information, tools, and treatment approaches is the only way to ensure people like you are getting the care you need.
Your Gift Makes All The Difference
During this COVID-19 pandemic, NPF has only grown stronger. Our resolve to fulfill our mission of finding a cure and bettering the lives of those impacted by psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis has not waivered. At times like these, your gift means even more. Will you help us continue to be leaders in psoriatic disease research and supporting our community?
Driving discovery, creating community
For more than 50 years, we’ve been driving efforts to cure psoriatic disease and improve the lives of those affected. But there’s still plenty to do! Learn how you can help our advocacy team shape the laws and policies that affect people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis – in your state and across the country. Help us raise funds to support research by joining Team NPF, where you can walk, run, cycle, play bingo or create your own fundraising event. If you or someone you love needs free, personalized support for living a healthier life with psoriatic disease, contact our Patient Navigation Center. And keep the National Psoriasis Foundation going strong by making a donation today. Together, we will find a cure.