2021 NPF Payer Roundtable Discussion
In the more than five decades since the founding of the National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF), there have been incredible advancements in care for our psoriatic disease community. Today, dozens of safe and effective treatments, including newly approved pediatric treatments, are available for individuals living with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis (PsA).
These advancements in care have brought a new understanding that patients with complex and chronic diseases, like psoriasis (together with the related comorbidities-including psoriatic arthritis and systemic inflammation called psoriatic disease), often need high-cost specialty medications to manage their conditions and maintain their overall health and well-being. If psoriatic disease is left under-managed or untreated, it can lead to life-long physical and emotional impacts on those diagnosed, as well as significant economic burdens.
Since 2016, NPF has convened an annual roundtable of health insurance and pharmacy benefit manager representatives to explore the challenges of treating and managing psoriatic disease. Through robust dialogue, meeting attendees have explored with NPF leadership the myriad issues related to formulary design, coverage challenges, treatment decision-making, and patient treatment adherence, among other topics.
The 2021 Virtual NPF Payer Roundtable will explore coverage and access issues for individuals living with psoriatic disease within the context of the current health care landscape. We hope to give attendees a better understanding of the impact of access barriers on the psoriatic disease community, and explore ways to collaborate in advancing the health outcomes of this community. Opportunities created by care delivered via telehealth and the impacts of changing formularies will be spotlighted as topics for discussion.
At a Glance
- 120-minute virtual program
- Complimentary registration
- Actionable information for health insurance payers
- Led by NPF team members Leah Howard, J.D., Chief Operating Officer, Justin Beland, VP of Advocacy and Government Relations, and Stacie Bell, Ph.D., Chief Scientific and Medical Officer
What You Will Gain
- Conceptualize the role of insurers supporting improved health outcomes for individuals living with psoriatic disease
- Understand cost (personal and societal) of under-management of psoriatic disease
- Understand impacts of formulary changes including switching of stable patients
- Understand telehealth use in the psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis community and current legislative proposals around this care platform
- Comprehend the burden of psoriasis beyond the skin, including associated comorbid conditions and psychosocial effects
- Understand psoriasis and differentiate it from other inflammatory skin conditions (pre-reads)
- Understand psoriatic arthritis, including the early signs of joint involvement in psoriasis (pre-reads)
RSVP to This Event
Secure your spot at this critical program.